Spencer is a Solicitor, qualified in 2003, specialising in Company and Commercial law.
His primary business goal is to protect his client's business interests. He is not a litigator, and he does not, therefore, spend his time arguing whether a contract exists and what the terms say. He is a legal draftsman and a negotiator. He believes prevention is better than cure, and so his entire focus is upfront risk management. He spends his time making sure there is a binding contract in place, the terms accurately record the deal and are stated in the most favourable and watertight manner.
Key Areas of Work
- Buying and Selling of Businesses
- Joint Ventures
- Partnership and Shareholder Agreements
- Terms and Conditions
- Website and E-Commerce Agreements
- Agency, Franchise and Distribution Agreements
- Loan Agreements
- SPVs for property developments
- General Company Law Advice
- Director Duties
- Intellectual Property
- Secrecy and Confidentiality
- Company Law Compliance
- Data Protection
- Reorganisation of company to provide share incentive package for staff members.
- Negotiation of intellectual property assignment and royalty agreement for a medical device business .
- Preparing service level agreements for a service provider to a Local Optical Committee.
- Preparing patient and medical practitioner agreement for online medical advisory business.
- Sale of portable surfing machine to Columbian buyer.
- Sale of civil and structural engineering business.
- Sale of major regional domiciliary and care home business. Investment of 51% stake into tech platform through convertible loan notes and senior debt