Kaajal is Head of the Employment Department at Curwens and has 14 years experience in all aspects of employment law.
Kaajal trained at Curwens and qualified in 2008 and after practising in the City for a number of years returned to Curwens in 2019 to head the employment department.
An accomplished litigator, Kaajal has advised both individuals and businesses to resolve complex disputes in the Employment Tribunal and Employment Appeal Tribunal. She has achieved exceptional settlements and notable victories for clients affected by unfair dismissal, all areas of discrimination, victimisation, harassment, equal pay and whistleblowing. Strategy is key to a successful outcome and Kaajal ensures she keeps the commercial and financial sensitivities of clients in mind at all times as well as ensuring that she thinks outside of the box where certain non-financial terms may be of benefit to the parties.
In her spare time, Kaajal enjoys travelling and is a baking enthusiast, however, for the most part, enjoys the organised chaos that life with two young children brings.
Key Areas of Work
- Employment Tribunal Litigation
- Employment Contracts
- Bespoke Policy Documents
- Employment Status Advice
- Negotiated Departures / Exit Strategy
- Redundancy and Restructures
- Personnel Management
- Restrictive Covenants
- Transactional Due Diligence
- Restructuring Advice
- Discrimination Specialist
- Investigations and Grievances
- Defending a complex discrimination claim and achieving a 7 figure settlement at mediation.
- Advising on long term sickness absence, including disability discrimination aspect and managing termination of employment relationship.
- Redundancy exercise culminating in settlement offers and drafting bespoke terms of settlement for each employee.
- Corporate support on sale of a business with over 100 staff, full employee due diligence exercise and provision of employee liability information. Managing and negotiating exit of a Director / CEO from a global company in a short time frame to minimise reputational and financial damage to the Company.
- Drafting working from home and adverse weather condition policies for a well-established business.
- DraftingJunior and Senior contracts for a startup.
- Advising on sabbatical agreements and drafting bespoke agreement and policies for a high-end fashion photography agency.
Kaajal recently did a webinar for Hertfordshire Chambers of Commerce on employer's obligations and avoiding liability claims. View the blog post and webinar here.