I am Cohabiting, how can I protect my rights?

A: It is advisable to have a written agreement with your partner as to how things will be divided between you if you separate. If you own a property together, you may be advised to draw up a Deed of Trust which sets out your interests in that property and what you will do in the event that you separate. However, a Cohabitation Agreement can go further and deal with other assets and issues.