How are Child Arrangements decided?

A: The English courts now use the term Child Arrangements in respect of children. (In the past this has been called Residence and Custody) This means any decisions regarding who the children live with on a day-to-day basis, who else they spend time with and when these arrangements should take place.
The courts prefer that wherever possible, parents agree the children arrangements amicably and solicitors can assist them in negotiating terms. It is also advisable to consider mediation or the collaborative process.