Do I automatically start to use my maiden name after my divorce?

A: No. Your legal name remains unaffected by the divorce proceedings, but if you want to simply revert to your maiden name this is possible using your birth certificate and the Decree Absolute (final divorce order). If you want to change to any other name, or revert to your maiden name without any divorce, you need a formal Change of Name Deed which we can draw up for you.