How long will the claim take?

This is very difficult to say because it would depend on your recovery from your injury and prognosis given by your medical expert. The level of damages you are awarded can only be assessed once your injury has stabilised. In the majority of cases, however, proceedings must be commenced within three years of the accident.

What if my injury occurred a while ago?

The time limits in accident claims are very strict. You must start Court Proceedings within 3 years of the accident (this is different for children). It is therefore very important to get legal advice as soon as possible after your accident.


How much compensation can I expect?

Solicitors follow guidelines and scales of awards as set out by the Judicial Studies Board, combined with references to previous decided cases similar to yours. We will settle as appropriate but if it is not possible to settle satisfactorily by negotiation, your case will have to proceed to Court and the Judge will decide the…

Do you offer payment options?

There are various options. Firstly you should check your insurance policies which often include legal expenses cover. If the claim is accepted by your insurer then they will pay your fees. If you do not have such cover you may be able to obtain it from an ‘after the event’ insurer, although this kind of…

What will it cost to resolve this dispute?

Each situation has its own variations and hence it is not possible at the outset to ascertain the total cost of completing the work. We do fully understand that you will wish to keep costs to a minimum and we will assist by giving you clear explanations of your options, throughout the matter. We will…

The $64,000 question – Will I win?

We cannot guarantee a particular outcome. Many factors influence a judge. He or she is human after all and the decision may come down to small details or how convincing a particular witness is, on the day. We will of course give you an assessment of the strength of your case and any factors giving…

Can I access a neighbour’s land to carry out repairs?

There may be a right of entry specifically for the purposes of inspection or repair in the property’s legal documents. If there is no such right, or no agreement can be reached, you can apply to the County Court for an Access Order allowing you to enter your neighbour’s land to carry out the repairs….