Meet the Company & Commercial Team
Peter is Curwens' Senior Partner and is a member of our Company Commercial Department. He was admitted in 1973.
His specialist areas of work include sale and purchase of business assets and shares, management buy-outs, shareholders agreements, corporate finance, partnerships. general commercial contracts, professional terms of engagement, agency and distribution, intellectual property licensing, computer contracts and plant-breeders rights.
In his spare time, he enjoys golf and sailing.
John is a Partner in the Company Commercial Department. He originally specialised in High Court litigation, later in a broad range of company and commercial work, including acquisitions and sales of companies and businesses, and the finance, property and employment issues connected with such transactions; advice on and drafting and negotiating a wide variety of contracts including distribution and outsourcing agreements etc; company matters including formations, articles of association and shareholders' agreements.
In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with his family, holidaying in France and finding time to improve his sailing.
Having run his own niche firm for the last 6 years, Spencer joined Curwens in October 2016.
Specialising in business law, mergers and acquisitions, partnership and joint venture agreements, his expertise includes :
- Protecting business ideas and plans through confidentiality agreements.
- Preparing partnership and shareholder agreements for multi-partner practices.
- Buying and selling businesses - particular expertise in Opticians and healthcare sector.
- Loan and finance agreements.
- Employment contracts and locum agreements.
- Agency, distribution and franchising agreements.
- Intellectual property licencing.
- Website and computer contracts.
Spencer lives locally with his young family.