Amanda is a specialist family law solicitor.
She has many years’ experience of finding solutions for separating and divorcing couples. Her initial goal is always to protect her client's interests, but at the same time, she appreciates that it is better to find an amicable outcome if possible; particularly when there are children of the family to consider.
As a member of Resolution, Amanda appreciates how important Alternative Dispute Resolution is (to avoid the time and expense of court) and has dealt with round table meetings, is happy to refer cases to mediation and is specially trained to offer the collaborative process.
She is experienced in working in conjunction with other experts such as pension advisers, IFAs and tax experts where needed. Her collaborative work also means she can work in unison with other family lawyers across the county–chairing the Herts Collaborative Group and being a council member of the Herts Law Society.
Amanda is also a part-time lecturer at the University of Hertfordshire where she is keen to educate and inspire the next generation of Family Lawyers. She also assists with their Pro Bono work–including their Law Clinic where students get the chance to work with real clients.
In her limited spare time Amanda reads; rings church bells; entertains her children and tries to avoid being seen in her husband’s classic car.
Key Areas of Work
- Divorces–undefended and defended
- Cohabitation Agreements
- Pre-nuptial Agreements
- Children Issues including: who they live with & how much time they spend with the other parent;
- Parental Responsibility; Taking a child abroad, and deciding on school or medical treatment
- Separation Agreements
- Financial Disputes on Separation/Divorce
- TOLATA claims
- Non-molesation & Occupation Orders
- Sched.1 Children Act 1989 claims
- Pension Sharing
- Using the Collaborative Process to resolve matters at round table meeting